Friday, March 2, 2012

Flipped Class Conference

I am so excited! I just found out that I will be a presenter at the Flipped Class Conference in Chicago this summer!!! If you are interested in learning more abouht the flip, the conference is this June 18th-20th. Space is filling up fast so check out the link http://flipped-learning.com/ .

I am also going to have a talk with the superintendant of my school to talk to him about holding a flipped classroom "class" for my district, so now I am so pumped to have that meeting!

I have some great stuff going on in my class and I will be posting this weekend! I love hearing from people following the blog, so keep the communication coming!

4 comments:

  1. I just love your enthusiasm!! Recently, I stumbled across your blog- it's funny because I wanted to do something different in my room as opposed to be the "center" of attention. I'm not able to attend the Workshop in Chicago, but I am REALLY thinking about buying the virtual workshop. I, too, teach Spanish & am always looking for lessons that integrate technology. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Wish you the best on your conference & I'll be checking your blog again real soon!
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The flipped class is still a work in progress. I am looking at moving to some online assessments and blogging for next year. I am also looking at Project Based Learning to do more in class and encourage more time in the target language.

    Thanks for the good wishes...I have to say I am a little nervous....not so much for the people in the room, but the tons virtually attending!

    Keep me posted on your changes. I love hearing what everyone else is doing. Feel free to email with any questions or keep posting comments on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on my master's in MATFL - Spanish and have chosen Flipped Classroom and it's impact on grammar skills and conversational skills - would you have any resources, links, articles, that you could share with me as I start my literature review? Thanks so much, Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try eschoolnews.com and techlearning.com they have many articles about the flipped class. There was an article in the Wall Street Journal http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704101604576248713420747884.html and there was just a big article in Time http://www.schoolleadership20.com/profiles/blogs/flipped-classroom-time-magazine-reboot-the-school. Also check out the flipped learning network on vodcasting.ning.com where you can contact and read about educators flipping their class.

      Hope that helps! Let me know if there is anything I can do.

      Heather

      Delete